27Degrees

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Scripture Study

I have never been very good at studying the scriptures, when I read usually it's like reading a history book. I never notice the symbolism or anything deep. I can say I have read the book of Mormon through from front to back but I gained very little.

But last night something was different, I decided I would study the scriptures. Reading over it again & again, thinking about what it means & here's the important part. Praying.

I read about Lehi's vision (Nephi1, verse 8), with the tree of life, the iron rod & the spacious building. I have read this before many times & I've heard the story countless times (even seen the cartoon). But last night I prayed, I studied it & I read over it again & again. And in it I have found things I never saw, & to top it all off the spirit was with me as I read.

And as I read I pictured myself with my wife & son at the foot of the tree of life, eating the fruit. I find it difficult to imagine anything I want more in my life than this.

2 Comments:

  • Have you read about life everlasting in the bible? The bible mentions the tree of life.

    Revelations 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

    Revelations 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

    Revelations 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

    The tree of life is my favorite part of the bible. It is mentioned a lot more in the old testament. However, it is only mentioned three times in the new testament.

    By Anonymous Static Brain, at 9:00 p.m.  

  • If you need help understanding the Bible you should ask Jehovah's Witnesses. They will give you a free home bible study. No obligations. You will see that far from dead history it is a handbook for a fulfilling life now and the future. You will also be surprised to see how many propechies about our world have been and are being fulfilled now. http://www.watchtower.org/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home