27Degrees

Saturday, August 20, 2005

What went wrong (Part4)

I tried to do this on my own, sure my wife helped but only when I
asked, & I didn't value her opinion enough to listen to her. If any I
should have listened to her more.

If I had involved her from the start, as a business partner instead of
a source of free labor when needed it might have worked, if I had
done that I'm sure we would have tried something different.

It's not about what you think will work, it's about what ACTUALLY does
work, which means that sometimes (or all the time in my case) your
wrong.

1 Comments:

  • the only time I've seen packaged websites work are when you're providing hosting service as well. And, also, niche marketing works well for packaged sites. For instance, a company that has a dozen or so tried and tested site templates for real-estate agents and targets only that niche, and continues to develop templates and target that industry. (or photographers, or restaurants or dentists, landscapers, etc) Websites are so industry specific, that's a better way to go. Find one booming market with a lack of web presence and you've done half the work. :)

    By Blogger Candy, at 3:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home