27Degrees

Friday, September 02, 2005

Wedding Crasher

I went to a wedding today, well actually no I didn't "go". I just turned up at the reception (I would have been there for the wedding itself if I wasn't babysitting my niece & nephew for the day), hoping to miss the food.
They were still eating when I arrived so feeling really out of place (& not being invited or a wedding crasher) I waited outside.

The person getting married was a girl I knew since I was 8, we never really talked (I have no idea about her personality, I always assumed she didn't have one, she has yet to prove to me otherwise). We were even in the same Sunday school class. She came to my wedding & reception. I see this girl every Sunday at church & have for nearly all of the last 12 years. I even knew the groom (although not as well, but he seemed like a nice enough guy). But no invitiation.

I said hello to a few & congradulations (but not to the girl, I can't speak to her, I don't know how) and left.

But here's the thing, her brother also got married a short while ago (actually a few months after I got hitched) and I didn't get an invitation to that either. Again this is a person who I have known since I was 8 and went to Sunday school with, and I actually did talk with this guy. At the time I didn't care, I was just married & far to busy with other things.

I'm wondering if it's just me (my imagination) or if it's something that I do or have done that people don't want me at their wedding. I guess it's nothing terrible but it's a bit sad (from my point of view).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home